Scaling up Universal Access for Most at Risk Populations in Bosnia and Herzegovina - Round 9, Phase I
Since 2005 Partnerships in Health has been a recipient of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria.
PH has implemented relevant HIV and AIDS prevention and care activities over the past seven years, including the Phase 1 and 2 of the Round 5 and the Phase 1 of the Round 9 of the GFATM supported programme in BiH. In order to strengthen and scale up existing services, this Project will build up on the results of the Phase I of the Round 9 achieved in co-operation with partner institutions and ensure country-wide, efficient coverage of provision of services.
The overall goals of the Project are:
1. To ensure that HIV prevalence remains below 1% within the general population and below 5% within identified target groups;
2. To ensure appropriate prevention, treatment, care and support for people living with HIV and AIDS;
3. To strengthen the enabling environment for the scaling up of HIV prevention and care.
The Project will be implemented as an integral part of the BiH GFATM supported programme. The Phase II of the programme implementation will last for 36 months, from December 2012 until November 2015.
The main objective is to ensure appropriate prevention, treatment, care and support for people living with HIV and AIDS. Based on the specified Project goals regarding effective HIV interventions and the recognized need for stronger multidisciplinary efforts, the immediate objectives are:
- To increase knowledge and clinical skills of the health care professionals and support staff in order to deliver quality healthcare to HIV and AIDS clients;
- To strengthen professional networking among all professionals in domain of response to HIV and AIDS;
- To link different levels of health care system and different specialists from within the system;
- To promote multidisciplinary team work as an effective way of improving quality of care.
- To include important non-health care professionals under the umbrella of existing system provision.
There are 3 main components of the Project Objective:
Partnerships in Health 2012. All rights reserved.